Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer Vacation & The Nerd Diaries

Holy flip I haven't updated this blog for a long time! A whole month, almost.

Well, I did it...I passed my junior year of high school with straight A's! I am so proud of that. I worked so hard to keep my grades where they were. I'm also looking forward to next year (though I totally don't mind summer vacation right now, haha). I have two choir classes as a senior since I made the school's girls choir (Treblemakers), I get to have a class with my favorite English teacher, and I'm the only one in my Spanish II class who advanced to Spanish III. Not because of grades, but because of desire. I know several people who could have advanced. They just didn't want to put in the effort outside of the required two years.

Right now, though, I am enjoying my time off. I got a lot of reading and writing done in my first week, and that made me really happy. I love reading and writing - I just didn't have the time for it at the close of my junior year. I know my readers on Wattpad are happy with me since I've posted two new chapters of my Sonic fanfic in as many weeks. It's growing in popularity, too - right now Book 1 is at nearly 7,000 reads and Book 2 is sitting at just over 1,000. I have almost 100 followers. I am going to be entering an official Gaming Fanfiction contest on Movellas, using Sonic (of course). I think I have the basic idea down, but I'm not certain quite yet. In addition to my fanfiction, I plan on getting back to my novel soon and starting on the third draft. Hopefully everything will turn out well.

This week I'm doing more of that, but I'm also planning on finding a job so that I can save up for Costa Rica next year. Right now the only places I know of that are hiring are K-Mart and the movie theater, but I'm sure there are more places than that available. Maybe. We'll see. :)

Also, as a proud Sonic fan, I have started watching Sonic X again for the first time in nearly three years. Sonic X is the show that got me started on Sonic way back in 2008 after I accidentally discovered him on YouTube. Now that I'm older and know much more about Sonic in general, I understand a lot more about what's going on in the series. I find myself going, "OH! I get it now..." a lot. Haha.

Sonic's birthday is coming up, too! June 23! I plan to celebrate by watching at least one episode from every series and then watching the movie, as well as reading a few Sonic comics and whatnot. <3 Also, Shadow's birthday is on June 19, which means I'll be watching the Shadow Saga in Sonic X at that time. Four episodes focused on the black hedgehog, his past, and his decision to fight for good! YES! :D

I'm such a nerd. C:


That's all I can really think of for now...I'm just so glad it's finally summer vacation. I usually hate not being in school, but after a hard year like that I'll make an exception. I'll be bored by the end of this month. Haha. Stay way-past-cool! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment