Thursday, December 18, 2014

All the Little Details

I have an excuse, I promise! First, I am a college student. I am busy. Second, NaNoWriMo ate up ALL of my time in November. Third, a lot of changes have taken place this month that I have had to adjust to and deal with and etc. All the little details to follow.

First off, I am 19 now. My birthday was at the end of October. I also just passed my two-year mark as a blogger. Going on three! This year for Halloween I was Sticks the Badger, a brand-new character from the Sonic Boom universe. (My thoughts on Sonic Boom will be in this post, too. Patience!)



NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) was INSANE. At the very beginning I was preoccupied with things because my mom hurt her back and it started to snow (creating icy roads) and Sonic Boom premiered and all of that. BUT I still managed to come back and WIN NaNoWriMo for the very first time! 50,076 words in 30 days! I did it! :D (Tips on how to win NaNo will be in another post. I don't know why it says 50,176 in this screenshot.)



And now it's December, and all of us college students are cramming for finals week and cannot wait for our Christmas break! Man, do I need it. A TON has happened this month. This guy that I met back in October that I went on a couple of dates with ended up not working out - he didn't like the friend zone. Meanwhile, I have been reintegrated into my group of friends from high school, so I'm being swept back up in the wave of insanity that comes with them. And, of course, finals. I feel like I've done well on my finals so far. Tomorrow is my last one before break - math. I am dreading it, but my consolation is that this is the last math class I ever have to take for the rest of my life. FREEEEEEDOM!!!

All right. On to the fun stuff.

SONIC BOOM. YES. I was waiting for this for SO LONG and now it's finally here (on pause until next year, but still)! I am really liking this new show. It definitely takes a new approach to the characters Mobians know and love, but I think it does well in keeping them true to who they have always been. Sonic is still fun, fast, and caring. Tails is the tinkerer, Knuckles is the muscle (though I don't like what they've done to his IQ), Amy has REALLY grown as a character, and of course, Sticks is just one crazy jungle chick.



I have not played the Sonic Boom games, but from what I've heard, "it's Sonic '06 all over again." I hate that. Sonic has really struggled as a gaming character for the past several years now. He deserves better! However, I have watched the cutscenes from both Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal to get an idea of what the story is, and MAN am I loving this new take on Sonic's world. And of course, SHADOW made his grand entrance into the new games! WOO!! (I have my theories about his rebooted character, but I will elaborate on that in another post.)



Also, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) was released on DVD on Tuesday! I bought it and watched it right away, of course. That was my fifth time seeing the film. I caught a few things this time that I hadn't the first four, too, which was interesting. (The snow chase scene was still awesome.) In addition to that, I bought the TMNT 2012 Season 2 Volume 3 DVDs for my collection. Season 3 got off to a great start, but by the time episode five rolled around, I was like, "OK...when do they go back to the city?" Those Dream Beavers were awful. Going to be honest - I did NOT like that episode. And that's coming from me, mind you. They made up for it with "Race With the Demon," though.



Christmas is a week from today! Crazy! I have already done all of my Christmas shopping for friends and family. I had to buy 90% of the gifts online, though, since my town really doesn't have anything to offer that's new. Hopefully I chose well. We shall see.

All right. That's a quick update for you all - I plan to write two more posts before the end of this year. 1) Sonic Boom in depth. 2) How I Won NaNoWriMo (and why I failed last year). Stick around! I won't be gone as long this time, I promise. Now that finals week is almost over, I'll have much more free time to write blog posts. Stay tuned, and Merry Christmas! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment