Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wrapping Things Up (December Book Wrap-Up)

It's hard to believe we've come through yet another year, but alas, here we are! As December is considered by many WriMos (myself included) to be a "recovery" month, I did not do very much at all in terms of reading or writing as 2015 came to a close. My main focus was surviving finals and then taking a well-deserved break when they were over. And that's just what I did.

Writing
Most of the writing I did this month was various essays and presentations I had to give for finals last semester, but I am proud to say I did successfully get back to "Dude, Worlds Are Gonna Collide" over on Wattpad just like I intended. The story returned on December 19. In this month two new chapters have been released, and my readers seem satisfied. I'm hoping to get back to regular updates again this semester. I intend to use the rest of my winter break to get a good head start on writing chapters so they are ready to go when I need them.

My current stats for "Worlds Collide" are: 911 reads, 87 votes, and 51 comments.

Reading
I only read one book from cover to cover this month, and that was MLP: Discord and the Ponyville Players Dramarama by G.M. Berrow. It was a real quick, fun, easy read that I completed in less than 24 hours. I really loved the many references the book made both to the show and other forms of media. Discord has a pet goldfish named Q. High five if you get that reference, because it's the best one in the entire fandom.

I started to read The Divine Invasion by Philip K. Dick but stopped about 50 pages in. The only reason I started it was for school, and once finals week was over and I was no longer required to read it I just lost all drive to do so, basically. It seemed like an interesting story - and I may get back to it someday - but I was just too burnt out to care at that point.

Also, on a side note, my Reading Challenge on Goodreads was to read 50 books in the year 2015. I read 47 total. So I did not complete the challenge, but I got pretty close. 47 books isn't bad, considering the craziness of this past year. For 2016 my goal will be 50 again. I intend to make it this time.

And that about sums up 2015! Be sure to check back here in 2016 for more nerdy blog posts and book wrap-ups. This is going to be a defining year for me, personally. I can feel it! Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment