Thursday, July 14, 2016

I Still Have Book Guilt

Remember my very first post of this year, way back in January, when I told you I had book guilt? At the time I had 11 books on my TBR. Well, here we are six months later, and...I now have 21 books on my TBR.

I have a problem.

I do blame school for being the reason why many of said books are the same as those listed in my first Book Guilt post, but I've also been out of school for two months now, so...

Of the original 11 books I listed in January, I have read four. Which means that fourteen of the ones I'm about to list are ones I've added since then. I'm going to do what I did before and list the books currently on my TBR (books I own but haven't read yet) as well as give a brief explanation as to why I'm excited to read some of them. This is mostly to help me out, but I figured maybe you'd like to have an early look at what books are going to be showing up in my future wrap-ups.


  • A Frozen Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick (still!)
  • Shadow Spinner by Susan Fletcher
  • Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
  • Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
    • Steampunk meets Phantom of the Opera. Seriously.
  • The Search for WondLa by Tony DeTerlizzi
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham
  • What Happened to Goodbye? by Sarah Dessen
    • When I was in junior high and high school this book caught my eye because the premise sounds very similar to what I experienced as a military brat growing up. I actually checked it out from the library a couple of times but never ended up reading it.
  • Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale (currently reading)
  • Made for You by Melissa Marr
  • The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
    • The tagline literally says, "Fantasy just declared war on reality." How could I NOT?
  • Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
    • My old roommate loves the movie, but I had no clue it was actually based on a book. Because I'm a bookworm I want to read the book and then watch the movie to see how faithful the adaptation is.
  • Winterspell by Clair Legrand
    • A darker retelling of The Nutcracker
  • Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
  • Both of Me by Jonathan Friesen
  • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
    • Gunslinger geines. Come on now.
  • The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
    • I think the reason for my picking this one up is obvious. Who WOULDN'T want to own a book written by Dan and Phil??
  • The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
  • A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
    • The cover of this book is gorgeous, and the premise sounds really great, too.

Well, now that you're aware of the issue I have with buying new books, I'm going to let you in on my solution for this problem. I've told myself I cannot buy any more new books until I've narrowed my TBR down from 21 to 10. Once I have 10 on my TBR, THEN I can buy another one or maybe two. But ultimately, I want to get through this stack of books I've managed to collect over the past year or so. All of the books listed above will be enough to help me reach my goal of 50 books for the year on Goodreads, and then some. 

Now the question is...where do I start? I should probably just read A Frozen Heart, already...

All right, I'll quit stalling and start reading now. Hopefully you'll see at least a couple of books from this list on my July wrap-up! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment