Monday, November 20, 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017 Update #2

A couple of days ago I got this HUGE burst of competitive writing energy because a friend of mine who is also doing NaNoWriMo has been consistently ahead of me by just a thousand or so words all month and I was finally like, "Enough is enough!" So yesterday I wrote 5,000 words to catch up by a couple of days and surpass her, and I am very proud of myself for now being ahead of her for once! I'm the one who wants to write for a living. Behind behind so much for so long was just sad. But no more!

I'm now finally in the middle of the story, after having passed the 25k mark yesterday during my crazy burst of inspiration, except now I've come to a point where I think I'm a little confused as to what the actual plotline is that I'm following, so most of my writing today has been one of my characters kind of figuring that out for me kinda sorta maybe. I don't know. We'll see. But this alternate-chapters thing has suddenly become difficult where it used to be super easy for the first ten days of this month. (Cale and Amber's chapters finally synced up, by the way - all on their own!) Here's hoping I can pull through and figure things out in time for my characters to start dominating the 30,000s and beyond this Thanksgiving week!

I am determined to stay ahead of my friend from now on. You don't even understand how upsetting it was to be behind someone who hasn't spent her whole life learning how to be a good writer.

I am currently at 27,203 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment