Saturday, December 8, 2018

Wrapping Up Loose Ends (October-November Book Wrap-Up)

READING
Finished October-November

  • The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes by Leonard Goldberg
    • I was really hoping to fall in love with this book and subsequent series, but there was absolutely no originality whatsoever; it felt TOO much like a Sherlock Holmes mystery rather than something new his daughter could tackle. I'm rather disappointed.
  • Life, the Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams
    • I didn't like this one as much as the first two, but still really enjoyed it! It has the funniest scene I've read in the series so far. Curious to see where the next book will take me.
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
    • FINALLY. I don't know why on Earth I waited so long to read this novel; it is one of the best classics I've ever read! Very well done.
  • Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
    • There is so much more going on in this book that (surprise, surprise) makes it MUCH better than the movie. Loved it.
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
    • It's been a long time since I've gotten so invested into a fantasy novel. Leigh Bardugo's writing is just so beautiful and magical. I'm psyched to read book two next year!

Did Not Finish


Currently Reading

  • The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows (almost...done...)
  • Prairie Fire by E.K. Johnston (not really feeling it so far, but we'll see)
  • Under Their Skin by Margaret Peterson Haddix (yaaaaas)
  • Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray (YAAAAAAS)
  • Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber (fluffy Christmas read)


WRITING
Wattpad Update
October End Stats:
478 reads
34 votes
34 comments

November End Stats:
601 reads
44 votes
41 comments

For Real Writing Update / NaNoWriMo
As I've already mentioned, I didn't win NaNoWriMo this year. Let's just...move on, shall we?

Make sure you're back here next month for my final wrap-up of the year and a look back at my Top Picks for 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment