Saturday, January 19, 2013

Flash-Fiction

On Figment.com I'm always getting swap requests, and lately I've realized there's always been a pattern to the ones I get. Right now there's a Romeo-and-Juliet theme coming through, so I checked to see if there were any contests going on. Sure enough, there was a "dangerous love" contest on the list. No wonder I keep reading about Romeo, Juliet, Mercutio, and the rest!

The contests I saw listed looked fun, so I decided that if there was ever a contest that I liked I would try to enter. Then, yesterday, one came up. My prompt was to write about someone who does something heroic to save his/her family in 250 words or fewer. I've never written flash-fiction before, but I gave it my best shot and entered the contest. As far as I know I'm the only entry right now. The deadline is Monday.

If you'd like to read the story I entered, follow this link. It only takes a minute to read. http://figment.com/books/521431-Superhuman

Happy reading and have a good weekend! I'm finally free of government class since semester ended on Thursday, so for the first time in a while I'm excited about school on Monday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment