Sunday, March 17, 2013

Raphael's Phobia *Spoilers*

I'm not even going to talk about Michael Bay's "TMNT Reboot." It's not worth it. Let's just say I'm horrified by what I've seen thus far.

Anyway...Raphael has a phobia! He's scared to death of cockroaches! In past TMNT series he's been afraid of bugs in general, but I'd forgotten about that. So yesterday when my bro and I watched "Cockroach Terminator" and Raph started freaking out about the "spy-roach," my memory caught up with me.



Overall it was a good episode. Obviously I liked it because Raphael was the star, but besides that it was pretty good. I found amusing that "big tough Raph is afraid of cockroaches," to quote Michelangelo. It was also neat to see how he felt about his phobia and how he eventually had to face his fear to save Mikey. The brief connection between him and Leo was intriguing as well.



This made the list of great episodes. For those who are interested, my favorite episode thus far is still #8: "Never Say Xever." Also, just because I'm so pumped about it...I am now the proud owner of TMNT 2012 Volume One on DVD! Collects episodes one through six with a selection of bonus features AND a free poster! Walmart exclusive! (I still haven't opened it so I don't know what the poster looks like...but I will in about five minutes when I'm done with this post!)

The life of a nerd is so much fun. The tiniest things can totally make your day.

Happy "show of your obsession with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" day! Be sure to wear your T-shirts that feature the "one lean, mean, GREEN, incredible team!" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment