Saturday, February 16, 2013

Roger Craig Smith keeps getting cooler and cooler!

As you may or may not know, Roger Craig Smith is currently the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog. His voice is certainly different from Jason Griffith, who was voicing him previously. It took me a bit to get used to it.


So today when my bro and I watched the newest TMNT 2012 episode, they introduced a character called The Pulverizer, whose voice I recognized. It was bugging me all throughout the episode, but when I went onto IMDB to find out who it was they were not yet listed. I decided not to hunt the voice down at that moment, and so I went on my way and soon forgot all about it.

Well, just now, I watched the episode again. As soon as I heard The Pulverizer's voice this time, I paused the episode and racked my brain for characters I may have heard using that same voice pattern before. Then it clicked. I quickly searched Google for the voice actors of TMNT 2012 and there, listed next to The Pulverizer, was Roger Craig Smith. Mystery solved!



This guy just keeps getting cooler in my book. First he's in the Sonic the Hedgehog gaming series (and Wreck-It Ralph). Now he's in TMNT 2012. Can this get any better? Maybe if they finally made Season 5 of SRMTHFG! and he was the new voice of Gibson (since the old voice passed away recently)...YEAH RIGHT! At this point they'll never make Season 5. It's been too long.

Anyway, I know who the voice is now! To be honest, this wasn't one of the better episodes. The Pulverizer is one of those fanboys who was "inspired to be a hero" thanks to the Turtles, and quite honestly, while his intentions are good, he really needs to practice basic hand-to-hand combat if he's going to survive the everyday thugs of NYC, let alone Shredder or the Kraang. Oh, well. Donnie did teach him some of the basics, so maybe if he shows up in later episodes he'll be a better fighter. Who knows. *shrug*

So there you have it! My detective work for today is done. Be sure to keep watching TMNT 2012! Volume 1 is being released on Tuesday, and you can bet I'll be first in line to buy it! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment