Saturday, February 9, 2013

Karai is EVIL?! + Leo and Raph Show Their True Colors (Spoiler Alert!)

So today my bro and I were able to watch TMNT 2012 Episode 15: The Alien Agenda. One word: WOW. This one was really good! I thought it was going to be about the Turtles visiting April's high school (because that's what the synopsis said) but it was actually more about Leo and Karai. It was so cute in the beginning - Leo saw Karai watching him and his bros fight so he started showing off for her. Later he met her on a rooftop and fought her, saying that if she came after his brothers he would come after her. And wouldn't you know it? She came after his brothers.

It's Raph's fault. After they'd saved April he jumped Karai (who had been watching) and started antagonizing her. Leo tried to separate them but when it was all said and done, Karai left the Turtles to fight of a brand-new mutant, whom Michelangelo named Justin (for lack of a better, cooler name). Leo was upset that he'd trusted her, and after the brawl he apologized to everyone for not telling them about her. Although he says he's over her, it's very obvious that he's not. Poor Leo...

And HOLY SMACKS Karai is evil! I thought she'd be good inside like she was in the 2003 series, but I was totally wrong. She really is devious and dark, just like her father. I also noticed that she and the Shredder seem to share an even stronger father-daughter bond in this series, which is kind of cool.

I couldn't find a picture from this week's episode, so I'll have to settle with one from last week. It still gets the basic message across.


I feel so bad for Leo...but I think it's really cute that A) he likes her and B) he admitted to his brothers that he likes her. I also think it's neat that he and Raph showed the audience their deeper connection with each other. In past series they have fought all the time, but they really do love each other and they always remind their viewers of that. That may be why I like the TMNT 2007 movie so much - when Leo is gone Raph is totally lost, when Leo returns Raph has a hard time re-adjusting, and when Leo is in trouble Raph immediately tries to rescue him. The brothers are interesting to watch. I love their respect for one another.

This episode also featured some fighting between Leo and Raph, which of course I was happy to see. No matter how tense things get between them, they always find a way to resolve their problems in the end.


Anyway, those are my thoughts on Leo and Raph and today's episode. Same time next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment