Thursday, April 25, 2013

Moorcroft: Music Festival 2013

Today I woke up at 4:00 AM along with all of the high school choirs so that we could board a bus at 5:15 and head out to Moorcroft, Wyoming for this year's Music Festival. For the past two years (aka my first two years of high school), our school has hosted the Festival, which means I only missed a few classes instead of a whole day. Missing a day and having twice the homework was SO worth it, though. I had SO much fun at Festival this year. It was an amazing experience.

We arrived in Moorcroft, home of the Wolves, at about 8:00 AM this morning and thus we got to run through all of our songs once before performing for the judges at 8:40. We did well when we gave our official performance; we were also the only choir that didn't have an audience. (The other choirs hadn't arrived yet. Haha.) After we went and put our things away my friends and I sat together to watch the rest of the choirs. The Buffalo Girl's Choir went right after we did, followed by our school's girl's choir (called Treblemakers), the Buffalo Men's Choir (AMAZING!!!), and our Honor Choir. After that we had lunch and got back on the bus to go home.

The bus rides both to and from Moorcroft were actually pretty fun. My friends and I talked and played games to pass the time. Most of the conversation on the way back was concerning my friend Cassie, whom all of the guys at our lunch table like. The problem is, she can't decide who SHE likes. There's a guy from Buffalo, two guys from our school, her ex-boyfriend...yeah. Complicated stuff. I feel bad both for her and for the boy who asked her out for the fourth time yesterday. XD

Anyway, all that being said, I am TIRED. I took a brief nap when I got home today and thankfully didn't have to babysit tonight (my brother kind of took over my spot...I'm sure he's thrilled. Haha). I've spent the quiet time tonight listening to some awesome music and doing my homework and drinking pop to keep me awake. (It hasn't really worked.) I'll probably go to bed early tonight, as much as I would prefer not to. At least tommorow is Friday! WOOT! What happened to this week? I don't remember most of it.

Also, I took my ACT on Tuesday. I think I did pretty well except for the last half of the math section. I'll be finding out my score in 5-8 weeks, so until then I'm on the edge of my seat (not really). After the testing was over and we went to our classes, I was kind of in a bad mood (as were most of my teachers) just because I was so drained and did not want to be there anymore.

So there you have it! My life this week was crazy, but today made all the chaos worth it. Moorcroft has a wolf on display in their cafeteria. HOW COOL IS THAT?! (I love wolves, haha.)

To close out today's post, I think I will share another of Skillet's new songs, "American Noise." LOVING IT! Their album comes out on the day of my last choir concert this year. Cool, huh?)


No comments:

Post a Comment