Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What Have I Been Doing?

Well...I'm still alive! Suffice it to say that 2015 has been one crazy year so far, and that's not entirely a good thing. I won't bore you with the details, but I will say this: I fully intend to pick up the pace here on Endless Possibilities, starting right now. As a matter of fact, I plan on writing one post a week! How about that? (We'll see how that goes, but I'm at least going to try.)

First up on my list of things to write about for the month of February is an update on college, as well as life in general.

Here we go.

January was fairly uneventful, up until the 19th and 20th, when I went back to campus for work training. I am now certified in CPR and First Aid until January 2017. Woop! Then on the 21st my classes for this semester began. I am enrolled in:

  • Spanish 1020 (My fourth year of Spanish, by the way. Yes, YEAR. Not semester.)
  • English 1020 (Which is mostly analytic reading. I like it so far.)
  • Historical Geology
  • Western Civilization II
  • Choir (Again. At the end of this semester, I will make my decision on whether I want to continue with it or not. It's okay, but it pales in comparison to the excellence of my high school choirs. Plus it's only half a credit, so there's that.)

I found out very quickly that this year of Spanish is going to be really easy. I already have an A in the class. I have the same teacher for English that I had last semester, and I enjoy the new class so far. Less textbook reading and more short stories and novels. That's more my style. Historical Geology is decent. I enjoy it WAY more than I enjoyed math last semester. I love Western Civilization II, and I already talked about choir.

So that's my schedule. Between and after classes I am either hanging out with my friends on campus, working, or taking a break from the chaos and just chilling out at home. It's a pretty simple routine. Also, homework this semester is way less stressful and less difficult than last semester. I sincerely think it's due to the fact that I have no math now. My math homework would always take forever because I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

I have participated in a few events on the campus as well. I enjoyed karaoke night, when I sang "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons with my friend Cassie (since I was too chicken to do it as a solo). In addition, I am currently participating in the Blind Date With a Book event at the library. You go in, select a book that is wrapped up so you don't know what it is, then take it home and read it. You can also do a review of it if you so choose. The book I got is called Friday Night Lights, about a football team that inspired a small town. It's not a book I would have chosen for myself, but that's the point, and I'm excited to read it.



As far as the real Valentine's Day goes...well, it's going to be just like previous years. I'll admire my special someone from afar.

And that's it! Sorry I haven't been around yet this year and that this post was brief. I plan to be back here next week with another, longer one. Wish me luck! See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment