Wednesday, February 25, 2015

TMNT Return to New York *Spoilers*

I was beginning to wonder why on earth the Turtles hadn't gone back to New York yet. I mean, the forest episodes were cool and all, but by the time the Dream Beavers episode rolled around, I was just ready for them to go back to the city.

Then, lo and behold, "Vision Quest!!" I loved this episode SO much. That scene with Splinter in the blue fire just made me fangirl like nobody's business. Seriously, I'm pretty sure my brother was wondering if I was having a seizure. I was begging for that scene to appear somewhere in the series, so when it did, I exploded in a light show of fireworks. Besides the awesome throwback to the 1990 movie, though, there was a lot of really good stuff that happened in "Vision Quest." It was really neat to see Leo's character development as well as the other Turtles each struggling with their own inner doubts and fears. I was so happy to see the main villains return, even if they were just part of the spirit realm. Donnie vs. Tiger Claw was the greatest thing in the world! And of course, there was that famous line from Leo: "We're going back to New York." ABOUT TIME!!



Next up was "Return to New York," in which I had the biggest fangirl moment of my entire life when the new intro came up. HOLY CRAP that was the greatest thing ever!! So many hints as to what is coming up in this season and beyond that I just couldn't handle so much nostalgia all at once. It was awesome. It was interesting and a little sobering to see the Turtles return to a city that was now almost completely empty and devoid of life. However, what broke my heart the most was seeing Splinter in the state he was in. I was of course happy to see him again, but as Baxter Stockman was taunting him from the other side of the cage, I just kept thinking about how wrong and sad it was that everything he'd been through had brought him to that lowest point in his life. And then he turned around and kicked everyone's butt, so that was pretty epic. Either way, the Turtles are reunited with their sensei and home at last.



Finally, "Serpent Hunt." It was good to hear about Karai's condition, as I had been wondering about it for quite some time. It was good to see her reunite with the Turtles again and to see them get right back into the swing of things considering how long they'd been away. Also, the epic battle at the end between the Turtles and all of the major villains was just...epic. EPIC!! I loved the Leo vs. Shredder battle when it came up, brief as it was. Eek! However, despite all that, the thing that I loved most about this episode was the official introduction of Rocksteady and Bebop both as partners and as mutants! We got a closer look at their interesting companionship as well as the reasons behind their mutations in this series. What I find most interesting is the fact that apparently Rocksteady has been friends with Shredder for at least ten years. That, and he was actually introduced way back in Season One. Who knew he'd end up being the rhino? I certainly didn't! Black Nerd had to point it out to me. (Thanks, Andre.)



Anyway, now that BEPOP AND ROCKSTEADY ARE HERE, the show has been put on hold again for now. It will be back soon, and when it is, I cannot wait to see these guys in action. I'm fangirling just thinking about all the awesome that awaits in the remainder of Season Three!! EEEEK!!

Well, that's it for now. This Shellhead is signing off until next time. Booyakasha!

No comments:

Post a Comment