Thursday, November 10, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 Update #1

So far I'd say this year's NaNoWriMo is going along all right, though I definitely didn't get the start I wanted. After writing 6,000 words on Day One last year, starting off with only 2,400 on Day One this year felt like a major step backwards, and having absolutely no excuse for it (homework assignments, class the next morning, etc.) only made it worse. I was pretty discouraged at first, especially since I was being teased about falling behind so quickly. But I picked myself up and kept going because even though I hadn't started well, I knew that once I hit 10k I would be able to plow through the rest of the story much easier, since that's when the plot really gets going.

Just as I suspected, the closer to 10k I got, the easier writing became. I hit 12k without a problem...and then I got sick, and have been sick, and so I've fallen behind again. But like I said on Twitter: last year I was 25k behind during Thanksgiving week and I STILL managed to catch up and win. I'll do so again this year, thank you very much.

So while I had a rough beginning, overall I'd say things will probably be easier for me from here on out. Just as soon as I get over this dumb sickness.

I am currently at 12,151 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment