Saturday, June 7, 2014

A King's Arrival is Never Silent (and other Nerdy News)

It took me forever and a day, but I FINALLY managed to get to a theater to see Godzilla! If I had to summarize it in one word, I would say, "Amazing." I have never seen a Godzilla movie before, though I know at least a little about the original movies thanks to my dad. That being said, I went into the theater without a clue as to how the story would turn out, but I was impressed with how good it was - and seriously, the fight scenes were incredible! I don't know how they did it, but every time Godzilla was fighting, I was unable to tear my eyes away. Incredible!

SPOILERS (skip past this paragraph): The only thing I have is this: for a movie called "Godzilla," he wasn't on screen too much. It took almost an hour for us to see him the first time and then another half hour to see him the rest of the time. Basically, he was only on screen a full 45 minutes or so, and it's a 123-minute movie. Other than that, though, it was very well done.

If you want more info, go check out the Black Nerd's review of this movie. I agree with about 90% of what he has to say about it. It's a very spoiler-lite overview. :-)


Sonic Boom Update! So, in one of my previous posts, you may remember my mentioning a character that many Mobians thought was a redesigned Marine Raccoon. Well, I'm here to let you know (if you don't already), that it's not! The new character's name is Sticks the Jungle Badger. She seems like she will be a very unique and interesting character. Click here for a quick look into her voice, personality, and role in the show.


One more thing. A while ago I mentioned that I was watching Mumfie, a TV show I didn't even know about based on a character I loved when I was a kid. I haven't finished that show yet (I'm close), but in the meantime I have recently discovered My Little Pony. Yes, yes, I know...get it out of your system, people. As Sonic says...


Now, having put that out there, I just want to say that I love this show. I began watching just a few days ago (Tuesday, I think it was), and I'm already halfway through Season 2. It's really good! I was expecting it to be a lot fluffier and more toddler-oriented than it is. It seems like it's meant for elementary-aged girls, but the message of the show can reach anyone who is willing to listen. I know it has especially gotten to me, for personal reasons.

Anyway, my favorite characters are Rainbow Dash and Spike the Dragon. (Spike is so cute! :D)


Also, for a life update, I have been enjoying my time off from school, mostly just chilling out at home with family. It's been nice to know that I don't have to stress about homework or worry about any obligations for the moment. I have been actively searching for a job, though a lot of people probably wouldn't believe me if I told them that. I am enjoying my summer break while I can, though. Can you blame me? I worked really hard the last couple of weeks of school and have been busy the first two weeks of summer vacation. I deserve a break!

Anyway, that's all for now! Stay tuned for more nerdy updates in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment