Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Into Reading! (March Book Wrap-Up)

Well, its March 31st! That means it's time to update you on my reading / writing status. This month has not been very productive in either area, as I had originally planned to read five books and only read four. I also planned to do a lot of writing over my spring break, but things took a turn for the chaotic, so I ended up not writing almost anything. In fact, I had to inform my readers on Wattpad that there will not be regular updates for a while. I feel terrible, but right now, family and classes come first.

All that aside, let's get into it!

Writing
I did not begin work on "Follow the Raven" this month as I had originally planned. I have been in the brainstorming stage, however, so I am slowly making some progress. As far as my fanfiction on Wattpad goes, I did post a couple of chapters this month, but as I mentioned earlier, I have had to shift from regular updates to irregular ones. At least I'm not pulling a TMNT and waiting two months to give my readers anything new. I did that once (unintentionally) and it didn't end well. My current stats for "Dude, This is No Vacation" are as follows: 1,287 reads; 99 votes; and 32 comments.

Reading
This month I wanted to read five books since I had a week off during my spring break and had the extra time. Instead I used that time to catch up with things around the house and do some spring cleaning of sorts (you should see my bookshelf - it's amazing!). Anyway, that being said, these are the books I did manage to finish:


Personally, I did not really care for Enchanted. Perhaps it was because it's a YA novel, but I have read several YA novels that were written much better and had way more interesting stories. This book was scattered, illogical, and a drag to finish. I would not recommend it. I would, however, recommend Lucid. It is really interesting to see how the characters struggle with their realities vs. their dreams, and when it all comes crashing down on them...just wow. It's amazing.

And that's all I've got for this month! Stay tuned for more nerdy posts in the near future. I've got some especially good ones concerning Sonic Boom coming your way. (FYI, TMNT has been put on pause until April 26.) See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment