Sunday, November 25, 2012

Follow the Raven: One Year and Counting

Today I'm celeberating the one-year anniversary of my current project, "Follow the Raven." I began writing it on November 25, 2011 and am still working on it today. I'm about halfway through the second draft. I've changed some things around, but I think it's still a great story. I'm really proud of how it turned out. FUN FACT: I began writing the story because I knew exactly how I wanted it to end. I had no idea what the story would be leading up to that point, but I knew how I wanted it to end and so I started brainstorming, which led me to where I am today. The book has a grand total of six characters.

For those who don't know, the story is about a 15-year-old girl named Amber who has always dreamed of being a famous singer. She is sent to Moonlight Cove, where Dreams go to live once they've been born. (FUN FACT: When I was in elementary school my bro and I had a game called "Speed Punks." One of the tracks you could race on was called Moonlight Cove. I loved the track so much I told everyone I'd write a story about it someday.) There Amber meets a girl named Cale, who changes her life forever. How? You'll have to read to find out!

By the way, I know that authors really aren't supposed to have favorite characters in their own books, but I do. My favorite character in "Follow the Raven" is Marc, a lone wolf who has been given the task of guarding Moonlight Cove from the villain, Lord Hendrix. (No, not the Jimmy Hendrix kind of Hendrix.) I can't find a good picture that depicts Marc as I imagine him, so this will have to do:


Meh. It's close enough. :)

With any luck "Follow the Raven" will be editor-ready soon. Once I finish the second draft I'm going to read through it again and make sure everything looks good. I'm going to keep editing until I have the best final product possible. I love this story and I love the characters. I really want this one to be published, but NOT to Kindle or Nook. I want a hardback copy. I've always wanted to hold a book I wrote in my hands. :)

Anyway, I've officially been working on this book for a year today. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment