Monday, November 25, 2013

Follow the Raven: Two Years and Counting

Well, I have come full circle again! Today I am celebrating the two-year anniversary of my current novel in progress, "Follow the Raven." Last year on this day I posted about it and gave you some fun facts and a character spotlight, so I thought I'd do something similar today.

First, for those who don't know, "Follow the Raven" is about a 15-year-old girl named Amber who has always dreamed of being a famous singer. She makes her way to Moonlight Cove, a place where Dreams live, and meets a mysterious and dangerous friend named Cale, who changes her life forever. How? You'll have to read to find out! (Check out an excerpt from the novel, for a limited time only!)

In the past year I have changed some things about this story for it to make more sense and have better continuity and so on. I am still changing some things around while attempting to keep the essence of the original idea there for readers to enjoy. Back in April I had a friend of mine read the terrible first draft, and she loved it and gave me some feedback on it that helped immensely. I am still working out the bits and pieces that could either make or break the story, but I hope to begin a third draft soon.

Last year I did a character spotlight for Marc, a lone wolf who works to protect the Cove from the villain in the novel. You can read about Marc here. This year, however, I think I would like to do a character spotlight for Cale, the songstress of Moonlight Cove.

Cale is a young girl with magical abilities and an astoundingly beautiful singing voice. She appears happy and optimistic at first, but as Amber gets to know her she realizes there is more to her friend than meets the eye. Soon Cale's past catches up with her and puts everyone in danger.

I don't have a real picture of what I imagine Cale to look like (as far as facial features), but this is a basic idea of her hair and style:


And if you would like to hear how I imagine her voice, check this out.

I have been working long and hard on this novel, literally almost tearing my hair out at points simply because it's so frustrating to try and figure out some parts of it. However, with any luck I will get started on the third draft soon. I love this story and the characters within. My dream is to see it published someday.

Anywho, two years and counting! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment