Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sonic Boom: News Haul

Remember how I was saying that I didn't have any new info about Sonic Boom? Well, that was before I discovered a huge ton of news that had been floating around without me knowing about it! Boy, am I out of the loop. (Note: If you're hoping for info on the video game, you won't find much here. I am not a gamer, so I really only search for stuff related to the TV show.)

First and foremost, characters. Obviously everyone knows that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy will be featured in the new show along with Eggman (and Burnbot...haha). I have done some research, however, and found that Orbot and Cubot are also confirmed for this series. That's about all for definite characters, though.

So what about rumored characters? If you've read any of my previous blog posts, you know that my favorite Sonic character of all time is Shadow the Hedgehog. Well, rumors have been floating like crazy that he will be in the new show, and while I can't yet confirm it, I'm definitely crossing my fingers. I really hope Shadow will be in this show! Here is one artist's idea of what he may look like:


I have also heard rumors that Team Chaotix will be in the show. Being a total Chaotix fan, I think that would be awesome! *plays their theme song* Other rumored characters include Silver, Blaze, Sally...and Marine?! That's right! Ever since the release of this photo...


...Mobians the world over have wondered if this is Marine, a character from Sonic Rush Adventure. I don't know how she is in the game, but in the current comics, she is kind of an annoying character. She has a good heart, though. What do you think? Is this Marine, or a brand new character? At first I was like, "Eh, I don't think it's her." But then I compared the two:


And decided, "How can this NOT be her?" You be the judge.

TOYS!! I was so excited to see these new items coming soon! More figures for my collection! Here is what the prototype toys look like:


Now for some info concerning the series as a whole. There have been some rumors going around that the Chaos Emeralds will not be in this show, nor will the Chao. My question is...how can you not at least have the Emeralds? I mean, it's been done before. Just look at SatAM and AOSTH. But since Sonic Underground back in the 1990's, Chaos Emeralds have always been a huge part of both the shows and the games. It seems odd that they would take them away, but in all fairness, I suppose the creators did say this show was going to be more along the lines of an AOSTH series than an improved Sonic X.

Finally, the release has gone from a vague "Fall 2014" to OCTOBER 2014. Five months away...and my birthday month! I am super excited about this show! I can't wait for more info...including more trailers, confirmed characters, possibly a preview of the theme song...? How much do you want to bet that it's a modern remix of "Sonic Boom?" I would not be surprised.

Well, there you have it, Mobians (or soon-to-be-Mobians)! Sonic Boom is up and coming! Stay tuned for more information over the next few months. You can bet you'll be hearing about it all right here! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment